Learn to make a beautiful wedding cake using the latest techniques in cake decorating. In addition to learning how to prepare multi-tiered cakes, you will receive valuable tips for serving, transporting and storing tall cakes. Decorating Basics and Fondant gumpaste course are a pre-requisite.
You will need to prepare the following at home and bring to class:
• 8" double layer cake, leveled, iced and cover with white or ivory fondant and placed on a 12"
• 6" double layer cake, leveled, iced and cover with white or ivory fondant and place on a 6" cake board
• 1- wilton white ready to use Fondant package
• 1- wilton 10-pc. Fondant gum paste tool set
• 1- wilton gum paste package
• 1- Global designs or Baroque designs gum paste and fondant molds
• 1- 9-inch rolling pin
• 1- blossom plastic nesting cutter set
• Icing colors of your choice (black, pink, ivory, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, etc)
• 1-wilton gold and white pearl dust containers
• Wilton roll and cut mat
• 6 wooden dowels (1/4-inch)
• Pink fondant shaping foam set (course 2 and 3)
• Angle spatula, cornstarch, Ziploc bags, shortening, wilton clear vanilla extract, paintbrush and practice board.
Circus Cake Class
Learn to make a beautiful sculpted birthday cake using the latest techniques in cake decorating.
You will make 3-D fondant animals, clowns and other decorations for your cake.
3 -6 by 2-inch round cakes
1 -10 or 12-inch silver cake base
1 -8 or 6-inch cake board
4 wooden dowels
1 Wilton 10pc. Fondant Gum Paste Tool Set
2 recipes of buttercream icing medium consistency
1 Wilton White Ready To Use Rolled Fondant 5 lbs. Package
• Use (2 ½ lbs) fondant package and divide into 10 equal pieces and color each piece with pink, yellow,gray, black, brown, blue, orange, red, purple and green Wilton Icing Color
1 Wilton Ready-to-Use Gum Paste
1 Wilton Easy-glide fondant smoother
1 Wilton Food Writer Primary Colors Edible Markers
1 Wilton roll and cut mat
1 Wilton cutter/embosser
1 Wilton 9 in. and 20 in. Rolling pin
1 Wilton Flowers and square cut-outs set
1 Wilton Clear Piping Gel
1 Small angled spatula
2 Small plastic bowls
1 Serrated knife
Shortening and confectioners’ sugar (powder sugar)
Wilton Practice board, paintbrush, wilton clear vanilla, Ziploc bags, Plastic wrap, Toothpicks and Apron